Also known as the Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Pasig Cathedral is the oldest Marian parish in Asia. Like other churches in the Philippines, the cathedral follows a baroque Spanish design, whose structure is based on adobe blocks. While much of the cathedral's design was altered in the 20th century, its bell tower retains its historic appeal. Augustinian missionaries laid the parish's first foundation in 1575, and gave it the title Conventus Visitationis Mariae de Pasig (Our Lady of Visitation). Twelve years later, the parish was renamed after the Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception. The parish was then inaugurated into the status of a cathedral in 2003. At the right side of the cathedral is a hallway leading to the Pasig Diocesan Museum. The museum displays elaborate church vestments and historical emblems of the cathedral, such as crucifixes, candelabras, chalices, incense boats, mass gongs, church beams, and Spanish tiles.